Recycled Fish - by Rodney McCoubrey

100% recycled trash. Made with love.



My good friend Rodney McCoubrey is an environmental artist here in Leucadia and is a huge influence on what we have going on with the Enjoy Handplanes. I've been collecting his art and gaining inspiration from Rodney for years now and as I look back I realize that the handplane project of saving and recycling foam, wetsuits and packaging was influenced heavily by the work and life of Rodney. For his way of life of gathering what others deem trash, making such beauty out of it and most of all having fun while doing it has been a model for me of how to live.

Here is to you Rodney for all that you do for our community and the world. It is truly a better place because of it.  Enjoy.

For those of you who live in San Diego area, you can see Rodney's work this weekend at 

San Diego Botanical Garden's event:  
Garden Expressions 
August 21-22, 2010
9:00 am – 5:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment