John Mann's Mexi Blanket





Our friend John Mann in Washington ordered this custom Mexi Blanket for his quiver. He sent us this photo of his Austin kneeboard to match the color work. It turned out so beautiful, I seriously didn't want to send it to him.

John has been bodysurfing with handplanes since the late 60's early seventies. He told us this story...

I made my first handplane, in Santa Cruz, 1972, after returning broke from several months in El Salvador, and Costa Rica, getting the goods a few years ahead of the herd. I made it from scraps, picked from Jay Longley`s dumpster, as he was just starting up Rainbow Sandals. He saw me trying, to surf a flip-flop at the beach , and said to come on by.......


I make prosthetics,orthotics, and braces for kids who need help walking now, my board building days are in the past, but I sure enjoy what you guys are doing!

John has been a pleasure to work with. Super stoked on surfing in general.

Here's a shot of his original handplane from the 70's -- sporting Red Stripe (stiffer rubber) sandwich Layup, with two velcro straps, for pintail/moontail options. One of the nice ladies in the Rainbow Sandle shop sewed it up for him. I love it. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment