No Plastic Bag Day and the Bag Monster



The average consumer uses 500 plastic bags a year. Which I had no idea. Think about that, it's a trip to the grocery store, drugstore and take out three times a week and there you go. Times 2,000,000 people and that is a billion bags a year.  

I met "Bag Monster" last night who filled me in on what I needed to know about bags at my daughters school. Apparently there is an organization that educates communities by going to events and talking about plastic bags. Very cool. 

You can learn more about bags and helping at www.bagmonser.com. Above is the Encinitas Bag Monster and he is a wealth of knowledge on the growing problem of plastic bags. If you want to find out more about what you can do to reduce your waste, contact him, he's quite friendly for being a monster. 

You can find him at:

Recycled Products Cooperative
386 N Coast Highway 101 
EncinitasCalifornia 92024 
(760) 436-5170



No comments:

Post a Comment